Thursday, April 23, 2009

On a Schools Bus

It's been a while since I've blogged. I often think about it and think about the dedicated bloggers that i know, but I've been busy! If there is something I have learned in the past two years as an agriculture teacher and ffa advisor is that there is never a dull moment and sleep isn't really a neccessity. Things have been wide open (well i say that, but they aren't as busy as they could be now that cow shows are over). I'm enroute to Macon, to the Georgia FFA State Convention. We are taking 23 students from the middle school and high school. We are in for a fun weekend in Macon!

I'm riding on the school bus to Macon to the State FFA Convention and thought I would take a moment to update this blog. Actually, I wouldn't even have my computer out if not for the secretary from school texting me that i failed to put grades in for one of my classes. Progress reports go home tommorow and I was most likely holding up the process. Thankfully i brought my laptop and was able to log on through my blackberry. Thank goodness for technology! I think??

This past weekend, I took my young horse JD to a jackpot. Little did i know I was also taking a chicken (not myself....that's an entirely different story...lol). I stopped for fuel and realized a hen was in the first slant of my trailer. I arrived at the jackpot unloaded the horse and quickly shut the door hoping to keep her contained. Somehow, she managed to to make her way off the trailer to venture around. I'm glad she didn't stray too far. I doubt that all horses are chicken broke and it could have made for an interesting day and a true rodeo! I did discover that she is also accompaned by six eggs. On Tuesday, i went to ride and when i was loading the horse, I noticed she was still there. So...I took her with me again....because i didn't have time to move her...Perhaps i have a new traveling partner! Hopefully she'll hatch those eggs and find herself a new home!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment